We tossed around a bunch of names when we were creating what would become WRITESHARE. We had in mind a network of writers made smarter and more effective in togetherness. These days, our name has taken on a significance we couldn’t have anticipated. We may not be able to gather, but we can still write, and we can still share.
That’s the idea behind our first virtual happy hour, meeting this Friday afternoon at 5:30. Sign up on our website (for free), and you’ll get a link to join a Zoom meeting. We’ll start with introductions and asking everyone to share the ways they’ve gotten creative about their writing schedule and need for creativity during isolation. We’ll end with a writing prompt, and you’ll have a few days to send us your response. In an effort to maintain our community feel, we’ll share those responses so others can offer feedback.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Week ahead: 4 stories to know
- AMBER Alert issued for missing North Carolina girl
- VMI upsets Furman in SoCon tournament, 91-90
- Community members protest over body camera footage of man's head shut in car door, demand deputy be fired and charged
- 'Very, very helpful': Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama gets vaccine shot
- Mercer upsets Wofford in SoCon tournament, 62-61
- Trump says he'll campaign against Murkowski in Alaska next year
- Furman rallies from 17 down, beats Samford 44-37 in OT
- Gamecocks top Tennessee to reach SEC final
- Clemson No. 5 seed for ACC Tournament