Guitarist and singer Vicki Genfan streamed in a LIVE concert streamed online. Winner of Guitar Player Magazine’s Superstar of the Year award
HOW IT WORKS: RSVP by selecting REGISTER. You will receive an email with a link for the concert. Tune in at the concert time. The artist will provide you information to support them through an online donation via a service like PayPal or Venmo. Donations for house concerts typically range from $10-20, more for ensembles. There is NO PAYWALL. In this challenging time we’re all going through, we are working to connect people in isolation, support working musicians, but also be sensitive that many people are taking a huge financial hit. This may not be a good time for you to contribute. We still invite you to join us. We’re all in this together.
Every now and then an artist comes along whose music reaches out and touches the soul of all who hear them…virtuoso guitarist, singer and composer Vicki Genfan is among those artists… Drawing from folk, jazz, pop, soul and world music, Vicki is redefining ‘singer/songwriter culture.’ With a mastery of the acoustic guitar that borders on pure alchemy, audiences are mesmerized by the waves of sound Vicki creates with just two hands and her voice. Using 29 alternate tunings and the percussive technique she calls ‘slap-tap’, you’ll find the addition of her pure, expressive vocals that dig deep and stir the heart to be the perfect accompaniment on many of her songs. Vicki writes and beautifully sings her own brand of music and lyrics while putting her unmistakable imprint on familiar tunes like the Beatles’ Norweigian Wood. An evening with Vicki is far more than a concert; stories, warmth and humor come gift wrapped in an unforgettable evening of music that leaves the audience always wanting more.
Vicki has been recognized among the world’s greatest guitarists and musicians at festivals such as The International Montreal Jazz Festival, Germany’s Open Strings Guitar Festival, Italy’s Soave Guitar Festival, as well as at venues and Performing Arts Centers across the US and abroad. In 2005 she was one of the featured artists on ‘La Guitara’, the first compilation CD featuring female guitarists from around the globe, released by Vanguard Records. With several additional ground-breaking recordings behind her, recent acquisitions of the 6 string banjo, 12 string and baritone guitars, high demand at clinics and music camps and an ongoing European presence, Vicki continues to reach beyond musical borders and into new territory. Find out more about Vicki.
“I understand completely why the audience applauds and whistles so wildly…this is fiery, living music.”
“I have to open my eyes to make sure that only one guitar is playing and that Vicki Genfan – so the name of this fascinating woman – only owns two hands.”
– Spurren Magazine, Switzerland
“Vicki has brewed her own style that has no name…and created a new kind of singer-songwriter culture.”
– Frankfurter Allgemeine
“Genfan is carving a niche in the acoustic music world which few can fill.”
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Lady Gaga's 2 French bulldogs recovered safely
- Officer shot near high school basketball game in New Orleans dies
- ‘To me it’s just a number’: McDonald's worker celebrating her 100th birthday, requests birthday cards
- FBI identifies suspect in death of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, sources say
- FDA panel greenlights Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine
- VIDEO: Mom jumps in river to save son during sledding incident in Tenn.
- Man gets nearly 20 years for Colorado synagogue bomb plot
- Upstate native brings filmmaking talent back to his hometown
- VIDEO: Texas woman who received $9,300 electricity bill files class-action lawsuit
- Slight increase in COVID-19 vaccines coming to SC, DHEC says