Explore the avant-garde art of North Carolina’s Black Mountain College, as featured at AC Hotel Spartanburg. Sponsored by the Johnson Collection, this intimate and interactive event features guest speaker Ruth Erickson, Mannion Family Curator at the Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston, and co-organizer of the landmark exhibition of the same title. This benefit luncheon will be held at the AC Hotel; tickets are required and seating is limited. All proceeds from Lunch and Learn: “Leap Before You Look: Black Mountain College, 1933-1957” will benefit COLORs Youth Outreach.
Since 1993, the COLORs after-school outreach program (a division of Spartanburg Art Museum) has provided opportunities for Spartanburg youth to express their creativity and imagination. Under the guidance of instructors and professional artists, students receive high-quality art instruction in a safe environment during critical after-school hours.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Meth, fentanyl trafficking arrests made in Buncombe County
- TSA looking into adding Capitol rioters to US no-fly list
- Residents Report Great Difficulty getting vaccine in South Carolina
- Latest news on Preparations for Inauguration, new details on Capitol riots
- Sweet success: This woman quit her job during the pandemic to make cheesecakes full-time
- How to serve on MLK Day while isolating at home
- 1,845 COVID-19 cases in SC, record 93 deaths reported
- Police prepare for protests in Columbia ahead of inauguration
- SC governor asks hospitals to cut down on elective procedures
- COVID-19 vaccinations will be available at Walgreens and CVS soon