Closing out the year with our final 2019 Upstate Stewards Community Gathering, our SIXTH time together this year!!! Everyone and anyone is encouraged to attend. We‘ll celebrate and reflect on the past year’s successes and look forward to what’s in store for 2020.
In addition, we’ll roll up our sleeves (literally!) and take part in oyster bag dissections. What’s this you ask?!?! The SCDNR has a South Carolina Oyster Recycling and Enhancement (S.C.O.R.E.) Program that they’re expanding into the Upstate and are seeking more volunteers. To learn more about it, we’ll be HANDS ON and open up oysters and look at the critters living in there to learn more about oyster reef ecology and their critical link to the estuarine system. However, if you just want to observe and hang out, that’s ok too!
Learn more here: http://score.dnr.sc.gov and also www.saltwaterfishing.sc.gov/oyster.html.
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- FBI vetting National Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack at inauguration
- Gov. McMaster visiting Spartanburg Medical Center Monday
- How President-elect Biden's Peloton bike could impact White House security
- Buffalo Bills fans make major contribution to Lamar Jackson's favorite charity
- Oscar Mayer hiring team to drive its Wienermobile across the US
- Videocast: Warming Up This Week
- FBI Investigating Home in Easley
- Predicting how successful Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence could be for the Jaguars
- 'Little old West Virginia' sets pace on vaccine rollout