The Converse College Creative Writing program is pleased to host award-winning poet Tyree Daye on October 8th at 8:00 p.m. for a reading in Zimmerli Common Room, Howard Hall. The event is free and open to the public.
Tyree Daye is a poet from Youngsville, North Carolina. He is the author of two poetry collections, River Hymns 2017 APR/Honickman First Book Prize winner and Cardinal, forthcoming from Copper Canyon Press 2020.
Daye is a 2017 Ruth Lilly Finalist and Cave Canem fellow. Daye’s work is published in Prairie Schooner, New York Times and Nashville Review, among others. Daye won the 2019 Palm Beach Poetry Festival Langston Hughes Fellowship, the 2019 Diana and Simon Raab Writer-In-Residence at UC Santa Barbara and he is a 2019 Kate Tufts Finalist. Daye most recently was awarded a 2019 Whiting Writers Award. Daye is the newest member of the Converse Low Residency MFA Poetry Faculty.
A reception will begin at 7:30 in Zimmerli Common Room.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Here are the movies scheduled to come out in 2021
- ‘Nana! Nana! It’s him!’: Woman, grandson encounter wanted suspect on front porch
- Watch as Trump supporter learns he’s on no-fly list at AIRPORT after storming the Capitol (explicit)
- Legendary talk show host Larry King dead at 87
- 3 Ways Panthers Could Deal For Deshaun Watson
- Billion-Dollar Mega Millions Jackpot Winning Ticket Sold
- Georgia murder suspect appears in South Carolina courtroom
- Despite pandemic, Black-owned vegan food truck had customers that were forced to relocate
- Can you still spread COVID-19 after being vaccinated?
- Governor McMaster praises Rock Hill mass vaccination clinic