Who doesn’t recognize the brilliant sound and appearance of the trumpet? Now, visitors to the Carolina Music Museum can listen and learn about the best-known member of the brasswind family of musical instruments during an exclusive exhibition of Trumpets: Weird and Wonderful—Treasures from the National Music Museum. The collection features more than 40 historic instruments from the Joe R. and Joella F. Utley Collection, on loan from the National Music Museum in Vermillion, South Dakota. Exhibit on display until April 2020.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Coroner: Chesnee woman dies at Spartanburg hospital after collision in western N.C.
- Spartanburg PD: Fight with weapons leads to man's death
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Mega Millions' game
- Here are the winning numbers for Mega Millions' Friday drawing for $750 million
- NYT: A man has over $200 million worth of Bitcoin, but he forgot the password to access it
- Upstate County Councilwoman passes away from COVID-19 complications, family says
- Booster club raising funds to repair Walhalla HS band trailer
- Alex Azar resigns as Health and Human Services Secretary, citing Capitol mob
- Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar condemns Capitol riot in resignation letter
- Rutherford Co. deputies searching for man facing domestic violence warrants