Who doesn’t recognize the brilliant sound and appearance of the trumpet? Now, visitors to the Carolina Music Museum can listen and learn about the best-known member of the brasswind family of musical instruments during an exclusive exhibition of Trumpets: Weird and Wonderful—Treasures from the National Music Museum. The collection features more than 40 historic instruments from the Joe R. and Joella F. Utley Collection, on loan from the National Music Museum in Vermillion, South Dakota. Exhibit on display until April 2020.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham speaks on inauguration, “time to move on”
- Ben Crump & Bakari Sellers file civil rights lawsuit against Anderson Co. Sheriff’s Office
- Capitol rioters planned to ‘capture and assassinate,’ officials say
- Prisma Health to open large Upstate vaccination site Monday
- SLED says deputies used 'appropriate force' in shooting of teen girl; civil lawsuit filed in case
- Large-scale location to get COVID-19 vaccine opens in Greenville on Monday
- Where does SC rank in the U.S. in percentage of distributed COVID vaccines administered?
- How will school closures affect children in the long run? Wars, disease and natural disasters offer clues
- Gamecocks head coach Frank Martin tests positive for COVID-19 for second time
- Federal government executes convicted killer following prolonged legal fight