Who doesn’t recognize the brilliant sound and appearance of the trumpet? Now, visitors to the Carolina Music Museum can listen and learn about the best-known member of the brasswind family of musical instruments during an exclusive exhibition of Trumpets: Weird and Wonderful—Treasures from the National Music Museum. The collection features more than 40 historic instruments from the Joe R. and Joella F. Utley Collection, on loan from the National Music Museum in Vermillion, South Dakota. Exhibit on display until April 2020.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Spartanburg High School honored with “Survivor Tree” sapling from 1995 OKC bombing
- McMaster issues new executive order allowing remote state workers to return to office, removing mask requirement in state offices
- Are COVID-19 patient’s lungs worse than smokers?
- Dallas police officer arrested after ordering the death of two people
- Upstate deputy gets surprise after spending 2-months battling COVID-19
- St. Patrick's Day deserves some of these 15 adorable decorations
- The top-tested pillows for side sleepers, according to experts
- Cooling pillows exist so you can always sleep on the cool side
- Hospitals, pharmacies up for new rush for COVID-19 vaccinations as J&J doses arrive in SC
- Workers clinging to scaffolding rescued after building explosion