Who doesn’t recognize the brilliant sound and appearance of the trumpet? Now, visitors to the Carolina Music Museum can listen and learn about the best-known member of the brasswind family of musical instruments during an exclusive exhibition of Trumpets: Weird and Wonderful—Treasures from the National Music Museum. The collection features more than 40 historic instruments from the Joe R. and Joella F. Utley Collection, on loan from the National Music Museum in Vermillion, South Dakota. Exhibit on display until April 2020.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- How Joe Biden has kept late son Beau with him as he becomes president
- Biden's first act: Orders on pandemic, climate, immigration
- Mayor: Madrid blast kills 2; apparently linked to gas leak
- The Big Boss (and Bruce Lee’s cultural legacy) Turns 50
- We're All Watching the Presidential Inauguration from Afar. 120 Years Ago, Americans Did the Same for the First Time
- fête Greenville TV’s things to do – Jan 21 to 24
- On the Move: Andy Westbrook
- Upstate Beat: Serotonal built their debut album, ‘Tripping Over Shadows,’ piece by piece
- Which Bible will Joe Biden use at his inauguration?
- Trump follows tradition, leaves note for Biden