Who doesn’t recognize the brilliant sound and appearance of the trumpet? Now, visitors to the Carolina Music Museum can listen and learn about the best-known member of the brasswind family of musical instruments during an exclusive exhibition of Trumpets: Weird and Wonderful—Treasures from the National Music Museum. The collection features more than 40 historic instruments from the Joe R. and Joella F. Utley Collection, on loan from the National Music Museum in Vermillion, South Dakota. Exhibit on display until April 2020.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Central Texas businessman arrested after allegedly entering the Capitol during riot
- Hot-shooting Auburn wallops South Carolina 109-86
- Brad Brownell Comments on Clemson’s Loss to Florida State
- Videocast: Frosty Start Sunday
- Body found near Henrietta St. in Greenville Co.
- Professional bull riding returns to Greenville
- Body found in wooded area near Upstate detention center, coroner says
- First case of UK COVID-19 variant found in Carolinas, health officials say
- Spending more on DoorDash and UberEats? This fee may be why
- Coroner confirms fatal collision near Gray Court; troopers also investigating