Join us for our Greenville Craft Beer Week edition of our Thursday night Concert Series! We are excited to welcome back Chalwa from Asheville. They will be bringing us some cool mountain reggae on the outdoor stage, and Thoroughfare Food Truck will be here for your dining pleasure. Music starts at 7pm!
Chalwa is based out of Asheville, NC and plays original High Country Reggae. The band consists of a diverse all-star line-up of local musicians from bands such as the Asheville Horns, Hope Massive, Josh Phillips Folk Festival, Biodesiel, and the Everydays. After hitting the scene in 2006, Chalwa toured throughout the southeast US and Jamaica. The band has shared the stage with reggae greats such as: Midnite, Groundation, The Meditations, Bambu Station, SOJA, Pato Banton, and many more. Chalwa released it’s first CD in 2009 and was voted one of the top World Music, Reggae bands by the MountainXress in 2010. In support of their CD the band performed a live set on-air interview on WNCW, along with radio air play on Dubatomic Particles and Local Color. In 2014 Chalwa is releasing their second CD on Pinnacle Records and giving the people what they want…live reggae music!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Anderson University and city leaders honor the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Due to pandemic, organizers hold first virtual King Day at the Dome event
- Stimulus check scams: What to avoid
- Governor McMaster visits Upstate COVID-19 vaccine site
- Litter cleanup on MLK Day of Service
- Spartanburg police arrest first murder suspect of 2021
- Man arrested in FBI investigation
- Suspicious package found in front of Greenville county courthouse
- Anderson County deputies search for missing man
- Coroner: Two people injured in shooting in Honea Path