Kublai Khan – Energetic, aggressive, and passionate music.
A four-piece metalcore band based in north Texas.
“We say whats in our hearts to express how we feel, who we are, what we stand for, and won’t stand for, as well as the problems of our generation. In hopes of tapping into the underground and revealing the unseen lives and feelings of the youth in modern American society. We are fighting to make an impact in a music scape bogged down with meaningless lyrics and recycled with mindless music. Trying to push messages that often get overlooked or ignored in the nation today, hoping to use our music as a vessel to relate to people and emit hope.”
Varials —augment an airtight assault of metallic unpredictability and hardcore spirit with poetic punchlines and lyrical storytelling that wouldn’t be out of place on a Kendrick Lamar verse. Maybe it’s the water in Philadelphia, but the same gritty streets that inspired everyone from Rocky Balboa to Meek Mill powered these five musicians. The group’s debut Failure Control EP yielded a string of fan favorites such as “Deadweather” and “Stigmata,” which both cracked 100K Spotify streams. They released the Absolution split EP with Vicious Embrace in 2016 and earned acclaim from Alternative Press, Revolver, Punktastic, and more. Varials approach heavy music from a different angle altogether on their full-length debut, Pain Again [Fearless Records]. This mindset expands the possibilities of “heavy” throughout 11 brash, bruising, and brilliant anthems, with the band taking a collective step forward. They collated ideas for what became Pain Again before entering the studio with producer Josh Schroeder [KING 810] during early 2017. Booked for six weeks, they tracked everything in under two with Travis often impressively writing lyrics in the booth and on the spot. Ultimately, Varials tell the story in their own way, and it’s bound to make a big impact.
I AM – Facebook.com/iamtxmusic
Invoker – Facebook.com/InvokerOfficial
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- How President-elect Biden's Peloton bike could impact White House security
- Buffalo Bills fans make major contribution to Lamar Jackson's favorite charity
- Oscar Mayer hiring team to drive its Wienermobile across the US
- Videocast: Warming Up This Week
- FBI Investigating Home in Easley
- Predicting how successful Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence could be for the Jaguars
- 'Little old West Virginia' sets pace on vaccine rollout
- Small numbers of protesters gather at fortified US capitols
- Parler's homepage now has brief message to 'lovers and haters'
- The Latest: Slovakia wants tests for nearly all in nine days