This full-length documentary is a journey through the elusive history of the area known as the “Dark Corner.” An area once defined by murders, moonshining and mayhem, this film defines the boundaries, debunks myths, and tells the story of a people who are tied to the land.
People have asked many times, “Where is the Dark Corner?,” and many times the reply was always “It’s a little further up the road.” Told through scholars and storytellers, this film reveals a history from ancient Indians to the modern development of Northern Greenville County.
Dark Corner Films became inspired not only by its namesake, but by the many residents who wanted the true history of the area to be told.
Run time: 1 hour 32 minutes
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Clemson vs. Florida State Men’s Basketball Highlights
- 7,181 new COVID-19 cases reported in NC Saturday, 122 deaths
- NC 98 reopens in Durham County after major crash
- First case of COVID-19 variant reported in NC
- RAW VIDEO: Scene of crash that closed NC 98 in Durham County
- Republican Congressman Caught Trying To Carry Gun Onto House Floor
- Greenville’s Oak Hill Cafe Hosting 18 course Taste of Japan Dinner
- 33 missing kids found during operation in L.A. County: FBI
- Troopers: passenger killed in collision after pickup driver ignored traffic signal near Clinton
- Alleged Capitol rioter planned to leave country through Logan International Airport