This full-length documentary is a journey through the elusive history of the area known as the “Dark Corner.” An area once defined by murders, moonshining and mayhem, this film defines the boundaries, debunks myths, and tells the story of a people who are tied to the land.
People have asked many times, “Where is the Dark Corner?,” and many times the reply was always “It’s a little further up the road.” Told through scholars and storytellers, this film reveals a history from ancient Indians to the modern development of Northern Greenville County.
Dark Corner Films became inspired not only by its namesake, but by the many residents who wanted the true history of the area to be told.
Run time: 1 hour 32 minutes
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Megamillions jackpot reaches $1 billion ahead of Friday’s drawing
- Double shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured, sheriff says
- Dave Chappelle asymptomatic after testing positive for COVID-19
- Bus heading to Grand Canyon rolls over; 1 dead, 2 critical
- SC lawmakers could reinstate yearly teacher salary increases frozen due to pandemic
- DHEC gives update on vaccinations
- Greenville Co. changing aspects of virtual learning before next school year
- Amended fetal heartbeat bill headed to SC Senate floor
- Crews battle brush fire on Glassy Mountain in Greenville Co.
- McMaster weighs in on vaccine distribution, hospital capacity