This full-length documentary is a journey through the elusive history of the area known as the “Dark Corner.” An area once defined by murders, moonshining and mayhem, this film defines the boundaries, debunks myths, and tells the story of a people who are tied to the land.
People have asked many times, “Where is the Dark Corner?,” and many times the reply was always “It’s a little further up the road.” Told through scholars and storytellers, this film reveals a history from ancient Indians to the modern development of Northern Greenville County.
Dark Corner Films became inspired not only by its namesake, but by the many residents who wanted the true history of the area to be told.
Run time: 1 hour 32 minutes
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- In ambulances, an unseen, unwelcome passenger: COVID-19
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador tests positive for COVID-19
- 5, including pregnant woman, fatally shot in Indianapolis
- It’s the One year mark since COVID-19 was detected in US. Here’s what the future looks like
- Wedding ring found in septic truck reunited with owner
- Videocast: Showers likely Monday
- President Biden to reinstate COVID-19 travel rules, add South Africa
- 18-wheeler containing thousands of bees rolls over on Texas highway