Join Upstate Black Lives Matter in coalition with the Malcolm X Center for Self-Determination, Upstate Abolition Project, TCB Upstate, and Be That Chick for a two-part teach-in: Defund the Police, Invest in People.
We cannot police our way to healthy and safe communities! In part one, we’ll talk about police reform, demilitarization, and Greenville Police and Sheriff’s Office budgets. And part two will focus on how we can reinvest the money from bloated police budgets into areas that sustain rather than harm Greenville’s Black communities: education, low-income housing, healthcare, and reparations.
This will be a socially distanced event, and we ask that you please wear your masks or face coverings! We will also be live-streaming the event for folks who are unable to attend.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Greer TidBits Previews the Week Ahead in Greer, SC
- Off the Grid Greenville Shines Light on Pickens Food Scene
- Experts weigh in after video shows NC officer swinging K-9 by collar
- The Anchorage Offering Gluten Free Take and Make Meal this Week
- Swamp Rabbits Hockey Weekly Update
- Update: Missing mother, son found safe, deputies say
- Rutherford Co. deputies say missing mother and 6-month-old found safe
- Derion Kendrick Out at Clemson
- Watch as Reporter Keeps Cool as Bullets Fly During Live TV Spot
- Will Derion Kendrick be Missed at Clemson?