Chapman Cultural Center is open every Sunday afternoon, 1-5 p.m., to provide casual and cultural experiences for those who want to “unplug.” Spartanburg Art Museum, Spartanburg Regional History Museum, Artists’ Guild of Spartanburg, The John F. Green Spartanburg Science Center and the Student Galleries are all open with free admission. In addition, one or more local musicians will perform a free mini-concert at no charge 2-4 p.m. For more info, please call (864) 542-ARTS.
This week’s musicians: The Accidentally Irish Lads and Lassies
With musical influences that span from Dublin to Austin, The Accidentally Irish Lads and Lassies perform Irish, Celtic, traditional, folk and other genres as acoustic string ensembles from a duo up to a full 9 piece band.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Glow Lyric Theater to Host Raising Voices (Revisited) And Still I Rise
- Will Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State dominate the 2021 college football season? | USA TODAY Sports
- Clemson’s Next Star Who Is: DJ Uiagalelei
- Charleston Airport to Offer Rapid Testing for Covid-19
- Gov. Henry McMaster will tour COVID-19 vaccine drive-thru in North Charleston on Tuesday
- Brad Brownell Discusses Virginia Loss
- South Carolina Funeral directors fear they’ll be seeing more COVID-19 deaths
- Daily new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in SC dip below 3,000
- Orangeburg sheriff warns of fake security forms
- Publix to offer COVID-19 vaccines in South Carolina