Chapman Cultural Center is open every Sunday afternoon, 1-5 p.m., to provide casual and cultural experiences for those who want to “unplug.” Spartanburg Art Museum, Spartanburg Regional History Museum, Artists’ Guild of Spartanburg, The John F. Green Spartanburg Science Center and the Student Galleries are all open with free admission. In addition, one or more local musicians will perform a free mini-concert at no charge 2-4 p.m. For more info, please call (864) 542-ARTS.
This week’s musician: Mary Norris
Mary Norris is a South Carolina-based singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and front-woman for the indie rock band Salti Ray. She performs folk, indie, and rock, and has been writing music for over 8 years. Norris’s original songs cover a variety of topics, from the requiem-like tribute “Shanon,” whose lyrics portray the loss of a loved-one not seen in years, to the more laid-back “In My Mind”: a piece about lazy days and self-reflection.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Slow clearing today
- Coronavirus guidelines now the rule at White House
- Health experts blame rapid expansion for vaccine shortages
- Democrats ask ethics panel to investigate Sens. Cruz, Hawley
- Boston's historic triple-double powers No. 4 South Carolina past No. 22 Georgia
- Japan determined to hold Tokyo Olympics, organizers say, following report suggesting otherwise
- 2 community leaders show their not afraid to take the COVID-19 vaccine
- Champ and Major Biden have not yet moved into the White House
- State trooper comforts child after she endures high-speed chase in car’s backseat