Chapman Cultural Center is open every Sunday afternoon, 1-5 p.m., to provide casual and cultural experiences for those who want to “unplug.” Spartanburg Art Museum, Spartanburg Regional History Museum, Artists’ Guild of Spartanburg, The John F. Green Spartanburg Science Center and the Student Galleries are all open with free admission. In addition, one or more local musicians will perform a free mini-concert at no charge 2-4 p.m. For more info, please call (864) 542-ARTS.
This week’s musician: Mackenzie Morrow
Mackenzie Morrow is an artist from Chesnee, SC. The music video for her original song, “Experimental,” was an official selection of Drunken Film Fest 2017, held in the UK. She spent summer 2017 writing, recording, and performing in Nashville, TN, as well as interning at an artist management company.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Democrats ask ethics panel to investigate Sens. Cruz, Hawley
- Boston's historic triple-double powers No. 4 South Carolina past No. 22 Georgia
- Japan determined to hold Tokyo Olympics, organizers say, following report suggesting otherwise
- 2 community leaders show their not afraid to take the COVID-19 vaccine
- Champ and Major Biden have not yet moved into the White House
- State trooper comforts child after she endures high-speed chase in car’s backseat
- Furman grad stands in for Kamala Harris during Inauguration Day rehearsal
- Gov. McMaster urges quick distribution as hundreds get first dose at Prisma Health’s Greenville facility
- Work continues to identify and preserve graves of slaves in Clemson
- Upstate leaders call for citizens to vaccinate; specifically communities of color