Chapman Cultural Center is open every Sunday afternoon, 1-5 p.m., to provide casual and cultural experiences for those who want to “unplug.” Spartanburg Art Museum, Spartanburg Regional History Museum, Artists’ Guild of Spartanburg, The John F. Green Spartanburg Science Center and the Student Galleries are all open with free admission. In addition, one or more local musicians will perform a free mini-concert at no charge 2-4 p.m. For more info, please call (864) 542-ARTS.
This week’s musician: Fayssoux McLean
Fayssoux thinks she sings songs, but she sings invitations.
Invitations to a kind and lovely south that I’ve not found when her voice is out of earshot. Invitations to transformational emotions, to empathy and caring, to good humor and helpfulness. Invitations to feel something, to hear stories and smile together. Invitations to grace.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Newspaper: President Trump pressured DOJ to file case with Supreme Court to overturn election results
- Family and friends remember 21-year-old killed in crash with garbage truck
- Washington Monument closed 'until further notice' due to COVID-19
- Clemson vs. Florida State Men’s Basketball Highlights
- 7,181 new COVID-19 cases reported in NC Saturday, 122 deaths
- NC 98 reopens in Durham County after major crash
- First case of COVID-19 variant reported in NC
- RAW VIDEO: Scene of crash that closed NC 98 in Durham County
- Republican Congressman Caught Trying To Carry Gun Onto House Floor
- Greenville’s Oak Hill Cafe Hosting 18 course Taste of Japan Dinner