Chapman Cultural Center is open every Sunday afternoon, 1-5 p.m., to provide casual and cultural experiences for those who want to “unplug.” Spartanburg Art Museum, Spartanburg Regional History Museum, Artists’ Guild of Spartanburg, The John F. Green Spartanburg Science Center and the Student Galleries are all open with free admission. In addition, one or more local musicians will perform a free mini-concert at no charge 2-4 p.m. For more info, please call (864) 542-ARTS.
This week’s musician: barleycove
Barleycove was founded by singer-songwriter, Laura Jones-Thomas in 2011. The band’s name a tribute to her Irish heritage. Jesse Thomas is the band’s lead guitarist with Tim Trammel as percussionist. Singer-songwriter, Nick Evangelista joined the band in 2015. They are here to keep rock alive!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Sheriff Lewis update on suspicious package found at Greenville courthouse
- SCDHEC updates COVID-19 cases, deaths, percent positive (Jan. 18, 2021)
- 'Nobody's sleeping. But we're thrilled': Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have a new baby boy
- The 'Blue Monday' depression peak isn't real, but seasonal blues are. Here's what to do about them
- South Carolina Covid-19 Update for Monday January 18th
- Woman shot in head after threatening man with knife during argument, sheriff says
- Pressure mounting to speed up COVID-19 rollout in both North and South Carolina
- Expert sees 'a ray of sunshine' in COVID-19 battle, but deaths and variant cases are growing in the US
- SC man linked to Capitol riot, according to federal records
- Teen saves family from house fire after they lost their sense of smell from COVID-19