We’re proud to announce the title sponsor helping us fly at this year’s Spartanburg Soaring! festival is Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport!
Chapman Cultural Center launched a community-wide initiative in Spring 2014 called Spartanburg Soaring! to build civic pride, promote healthy outdoor play, and celebrate cultural diversity and creativity. Every year, the festival grows, so be sure to attend this year and make Spartanburg Soaring! International Kite Festival the highest-flying event yet!
Rain Date – April 22, 1-5pm
This year we are offering VIP Parking spots located in Chapman Cultural Center’s parking lots. VIP parking ensures you have easy access to the festival, saving you the headache of finding close parking. VIP spots are $10 prior to the event. VIP Parking will be sold the day of the Festival for $15 unless our early bird sale sells out! You can pick up your parking pass at the Chapman Cultural Center’s ticket office prior to the event. Limited spacing is available, so don’t wait!
Purchase – https://goo.gl/AGCTQD
We could not put on our festival without the generous help of our amazing volunteers. Please learn more and sign up to join us!
WHAT CAN I EXPECT THIS YEAR?
– KITES. Professional kite flyers will be in attendance with jaw-dropping aerial displays. Spartanburg Soaring Kite Club, a group of locals that was formed after our inaugural festival, will be on hand, lead by master kite maker and local enthusiast Chuck Holmes.
– FOOD. This year’s festival promises to have great eats with something for everyone! So far we’ve officially secured Herb’N Eats, Growler Haus – Spartanburg, Hub City Scoops, PIG on FIRE BBQ, Java Up and are working on finalizing even more great options! Stay tuned for the complete list of food trucks!
– KID ZONE. We’re proud to announce the Spartanburg Soaring! Kid Zone will feature various events scheduled throughout the day by some amazing Community Organizations! Hub City Kids, Kidding Around Spartanburg, City of Spartanburg Parks & Recreation, The Children’s Museum of the Upstate – Spartanburg, Spartanburg County Historical Association, and Spartanburg County Public Libraries are all participating!
– ART. Another of Spartanburg’s great assets is its artists. The Makers Market sponsored by Brose Spartanburg will be set up where regional artisans will sell their wares–keeping 100% of their profits–so you can keep a piece of local culture even after you fly away. Everything will be affordable and locally handcrafted. If you’d like to sign up to sell and exhibit your work, fill out the application: https://goo.gl/forms/z8Yh4UX0Cf6bTtRx1
Our friends at Spartanburg Marriott are offering a special rate for the weekend of the festival! Use the promo code “59A” when searching for your room and you’ll receive the special rate instantly! So, book your room before it’s too late!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Furman downs ETSU, 78-66
- One dead after early morning house fire, fire chief says
- Firefighters respond to deadly house fire in Easley
- Greenwood police called to collapsed roof at Kangaroo Station
- DHEC fixes vendor issue that impacted COVID-19 tracking; new data released
- Police arrest man in DC who had loaded handgun, fake inaugural credentials
- Prisma health to keep COVID-19 testing sites open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Parts of the Upstate are seeing Snow Saturday
- South Carolina Reports 4,671 New Cases of Covid-19 Saturday
- Smokers in some states eligible for COVID-19 vaccine sooner, sparking frustration among others