It’s a tradition in the south to make a tomato pie in the summertime and here’s the best way to find the very best pie of 2018! Pies are judged based on appearance, crust, filling and overall flavor & taste. Go to www.onlyonaugusta.com/tomato-pie-contest for details and to enter. Judges will include 2017 Winner Rebecca Batson, City Councilman Russell Stall, GVL Today’s Kendall Henderson, and Style Envy’s Ashley Bickerstaff.
Before the contest check out artwork by Albertta Pottery and Sarah Farrar. Plus from 12 to 2 pm we have Dr. George Kitchens book signing Golfing Across the Ponds. . .great for Father’s Day!
Thank you to The Pickwick Pharmacy and Soda Fountain for hosting this event!
For more information about Summer on Augusta events go to www.onlyonaugusta.com
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Videocast: Scattered showers return today
- NC General Assembly returns to begin work session in earnest
- Wisconsin pharmacist who sabotaged COVID-19 vaccine to plead guilty to federal charges
- IOC, Tokyo Olympics to unveil rule book for beating pandemic
- New Entertainment District could be coming to Greenville's west end
- The Latest: India vaccinates 2 million health workers
- 'Give her to us': Victoria Smith's biological family makes plea
- Harvey Guillén Breaks Down His Zoey's Playlist Departure, Teases What We Do in the Shadows Season 3
- Even with coronavirus vaccine distribution set to increase, upcoming months could be rough
- Greenville County Schools call on lawmakers to approve funds for teacher step increases