Silent Sky is the true story of 19th Century Astronomer, Henrietta Leavitt, who worked in the Harvard Observatory charting the stars. Henrietta struggles with her dedication to science, her ties to her religious family, a woman’s place in society and the possibility of love. For Henrietta’s sister, Margaret, the “glory of the skies” points to the creator. For Henrietta, it calls her religious upbringing into question.
An audience talk-back follows each performance.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- FBI vetting National Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack at inauguration
- President-elect Biden to nominate Gensler for SEC commissioner, Chopra to lead Protection Bureau, according to CNN
- How President-elect Biden's Peloton bike could impact White House security
- Buffalo Bills fans make major contribution to Lamar Jackson's favorite charity
- Oscar Mayer hiring team to drive its Wienermobile across the US
- Videocast: Warming Up This Week
- FBI Investigating Home in Easley
- Predicting how successful Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence could be for the Jaguars
- 'Little old West Virginia' sets pace on vaccine rollout
- Small numbers of protesters gather at fortified US capitols