SIERRA NEVADA OKTOBERFEST – MILLS RIVER, NC
October 13, 2018
Sierra Nevada’s Oktoberfest returns to Mills River, North Carolina to gather thousands of beer lovers together to “Prost like a Pro!” It’s that time of year when all of our lederhosen-clad and dirndl-sporting friends travel from far and wide to hoist a stein in celebration. Join us for a fanciful evening of Sierra Nevada festbier, feasting, costumes, dancing, raucous music, and more! Dress your best and brush up on your Chicken Dance skills!
WHEN: Saturday, October 13th, 2018, 5pm-10pm
WHAT: Celebrating with Sierra Nevada beer including the new Oktoberfest collaboration, German-inspired feast, musical performances, live glassblowing demonstrations, Chicken Dance contest, Flash Your ‘Stache competition, and more!
WHERE: Six Row Field at Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Mills River, NC (free shuttles from Asheville and Hendersonville or parking provided at WNC Ag Center, see below for details)
TICKETS: You must be 21 or older and present a valid ID to attend!
General Admission – $30.00 – includes a complimentary shuttle from Asheville/Hendersonville, a contemporary German meal provided by the Sierra Nevada Taproom, a commemorative beer stein, and one beer/pretzel/cupcake ticket.
Designated Driver – $25.00 – includes a complimentary shuttle from Asheville/Hendersonville, a contemporary German meal provided by the Sierra Nevada Taproom, a commemorative stein that you can use for water, lemonade or iced tea (your wristband will indicate that no beer is to be served to you), and a pretzel/cupcake ticket.
$5.00 Beer/Pretzel/Cupcake Tickets – Additional beer, pretzel or cupcake tickets are $5 each and are available for purchase online (recommended) or at the event.
BEER: Featuring Sierra Nevada’s fourth Oktoberfest Collaboration Festival Beer. We’ll make sure there’s plenty of other beer styles to try as well.
BEER LIST –
• Oktoberfest – Clean, crisp amber lager brewed with Weinhenstephan, the world’s oldest brewery. 6.0% ABV | IBU: 17
• Pale Ale – The classic American pale ale with piney and grapefruit aromas. 5.0% ABV | IBU: 38
• German IPA – IPA with moderate bitterness and aromas of raspberry and lemon peel. 6.1% ABV | IBU: 50
• Hazy Little Thing IPA – Hop-heavy, unfiltered, hazy India Pale Ale. 6.7% ABV | IBU: 35
• Tumbler Brown Ale – Classic brown ale with rich roasted flavors. 5.5% ABV | IBU: 31
• FOAM Pilsner – German-style Pilsner with spicy and herbal hop kick. 5.0% ABV | IBU: 38
• Kellerweis – Unfiltered, hazy wheat ale with notes of spicy clove and banana bread. 4.8% ABV | IBU: 17
FOOD: Keeping with tradition, a contemporary German feast will be provided by the Sierra Nevada Taproom. The feast will be available from 5-8pm, and is included with your ticket price. What’s more, Bavarian style pretzels with Sierra Nevada mustards and German chocolate cupcakes with coconut-pecan filling are available until 10pm in exchange for a beer/pretzel ticket!
• Sausage & Kraut: Nooner poached bratwurst, sauerkraut
• Sauerbraten & Red Cabbage: Brasstown beef roast, Porter braised cabbage
• Wood Roasted Pig: Slow roasted Heritage Farms pork, Oktoberfest wholegrain mustard sauce
• German Potato Salad: Mustard vinaigrette, celery, green onions and dill
• Brussels Sprouts: Roasted brussels sprouts, cranberries
• Harvest Salad: Organic baby lettuces, shaved fennel, roasted winter squash, sunflower seeds and Stout balsamic vinaigrette
No BS! Brass – Based in Richmond, Virginia, No BS! Brass Band has quickly earned a reputation as a premier band to see for heart-pounding energy and uncontrollable dancing. They take their music into uncharted territory, embracing the spirit of New Orleans into its original East Coast modern funk and fearlessly combining elements of James Brown, John Coltrane, Michael Jackson and Led Zeppelin into their fiercely original sound. Founders Reggie Pace and Lance Koehler have cast this 11-piece band in which nearly every member has had conservatory training, holding various degrees in music. In putting together the compositions and arrangements, the “b.s.” has been stripped to give the audience something solid, unique, organic, real and powerful. They have the look of New Orleans with the raw sound all their own.
Sirius.B – Sirius.B’s music is created with an eclectic mix of vocal harmonies and instruments including cello, accordion, violin, marching band and African percussion, charango, flamenco and acoustic guitar, banjo, and melodica. Sirius.B brings to you the finest Absurdist Gypsy Folk Funk Punk that the world has to offer. Their “impressively irreverent, combustible, three-ring circus of sound [and] high-energy style is difficult to neatly categorize. They play foreign music as well as upbeat and serious originals, with a lyrical style ranging from the quirky to the absurd.” -Mountain Xpress
Lagerhosen – Lagerhosen was created over laughs and beers at the end of a wedding event featuring the Asheville Second Line marching band. Literally translated as “beerpants”, the underlying concept of a party-polka band was perfect for Beer City USA. With popular tunes such as Roll Out the Barrell, Lichstenstein Polka, Ein Prozit and others, Lagerhosen has a powerful and punchy sound.
LIVE GLASSBLOWING DEMONSTRATIONS: Enjoy glassblowers creating works of art while you watch! Select items will be auctioned off with proceeds benefiting a local non-profit.
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING: PLEASE DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE. Really, we can’t stress this enough…if you overindulge, leave your car and come back for it the next day. Take the free shuttle or a taxi; you’ll make some new friends and keep everyone safe. We also created these great options for you:
1. COMPLIMENTARY SHUTTLES
• ASHEVILLE FREE SHUTTLE – Parking for the Asheville shuttles will be at the A-B Tech Community College – 340 Victoria Rd. Asheville, NC 28801. First shuttles will depart from this location at 4:00pm and will continuously loop to and from the event site until the end of Oktoberfest.
• HENDERSONVILLE FREE SHUTTLE – Parking for the Hendersonville shuttles will be at the Courthouse Annex Parking Lot adjacent to Fourth Avenue and Grove Street. First shuttles will depart at 4:00pm and will continuously loop to and from the event site until the end of Oktoberfest.
2. PARKING AT EVENT or UBER/LYFT/TAXI – All event parking and rideshare/taxi will be at Gate 7 of the WNC Agricultural Center. First shuttles will depart at 4:30pm and will continuously loop to and from the event site until the end of Oktoberfest. If you need to, please leave your car overnight in the parking lot and pick it up the next day. At the conclusion of the festival, all rideshare/taxi pickups or other personal rides will pick up at the Ag Center. Shuttles will take you back to the Ag Center to catch your ride.
**ALL TAXI/UBER/PERSONAL CAR PICK UP WILL BE AT THE WNC AG CENTER**
**THERE IS NO PARKING ON SITE AT SIERRA NEVADA**
Oktoberfest tickets will be available online only.
Remember, you must be 21 or older and present a valid ID to attend!
**PLEASE FEST RESPONSIBLY!**