Shovels & Rope, the musical duo of Michael Trent & Cary Ann Hearst have been married for a decade, their covenant extends to blood & beyond: as parents, bandmates & creative collaborators who can now add the pursuits of festival curators, film subjects & children’s book authors to that mighty list. Having released 4 studio albums & 2 collaborative projects, They have built their reputation on skill, sweat & yes, blood, the new record By Blood, their High Water Festival in their hometown of Charleston, SC, “Shovels & Rope: The Movie” & the picture book “C’mon Utah!”. Trent & Hearst have made a career together by carving out a niche in the music world with strong, roots/indie/folk/rock inspired albums, as well as their powerful live shows, far-reaching tours & myriad TV & festival appearances. And so, in an effort to satisfy their numerous creative interests & adapt to a changing industry, Trent & Hearst have firmly planted their flag in realms beyond recording & releasing albums.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- House passes $1.9 trillion COVID-19 bill
- Upstate high school basketball teams advance to Upper State championships
- House nears passage of $1.9 trillion relief bill
- Lady Gaga's dogs recovered safely
- Lady Gaga's 2 French bulldogs recovered safely
- Officer shot near high school basketball game in New Orleans dies
- ‘To me it’s just a number’: McDonald's worker celebrating her 100th birthday, requests birthday cards
- FBI identifies suspect in death of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, sources say
- FDA panel greenlights Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine
- VIDEO: Mom jumps in river to save son during sledding incident in Tenn.