“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ will be a musical tour like no other.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Furman Basketball Moves All ‘Weekends At The Well’ Games To Timmons Arena
- SC Health officials testing weekly for COVID-19 mutation strains
- Baseball great Hank Aaron passes away at 86
- Braves legend Hank Aaron dies at age 86, reports say
- Exclusive: Madeline Kenney Shares Self-Directed “Wasted Time” Video
- Psycho Goreman's Ridiculous, Bloody B-Movie Schlock Will Put a Smile on Your Face
- WandaVision Finally Brings Some Much-Needed Romance to the MCU
- No Time to Die Delayed Yet Again, Final Daniel Craig Bond Film Now Moved to Oct. 2021
- Paste Studio on the Road: Boston 1/22 – Chadwick Stokes, Peter Mulvey, Dwight & Nicole, Martin Sexton
- Typhoon Surprise Release New Album Sympathetic Magic