“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ will be a musical tour like no other.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Scheduling second COVID-19 shot proving to be frustrating process in South Carolina
- Man driving Rolls Royce fatally shot in Atlanta
- Man killed by machine at work, coroner says
- Son of Texas man charged in Capitol riot talks about why he contacted FBI about his father
- More than a dozen apartments damaged in morning fire
- Mom urges others to take COVID-19 seriously after son suffers life-threatening complication
- American Red Cross helping multiple families after apartment fire in Greenville
- Washington state cop reportedly runs over pedestrian at street race
- 2 in 5 Americans live where COVID-19 strains hospital ICUs
- Trump Plotted To Replace AG General In Effort To Overturn Election Results