“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ will be a musical tour like no other.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Prisma offering on-site registration help at vaccine centers
- What’s next for former VP Mike Pence?
- Some businesses to offer incentive to employees to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Clemson Drops 2nd Game in a Row
- Experts warn of internet hackers stealing personal information through increased email usage
- SC elected official reflecting on historic day
- Upstate teacher, students miss Inauguration for first time in years
- DHEC holds meeting to bring light to vaccine questions
- U.S. surpasses 400,000 COVID-19 deaths one year after first diagnosis
- SC lawmakers considering bill that would require high-stakes testing this spring