“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ will be a musical tour like no other.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Furman grad stands in for Kamala Harris during Inauguration Day rehearsal
- Gov. McMaster urges quick distribution as hundreds get first dose at Prisma Health’s Greenville facility
- Work continues to identify and preserve graves of slaves in Clemson
- Upstate leaders call for citizens to vaccinate; specifically communities of color
- Pedestrian killed walking along roadway, coroner says
- Coroner: person killed while walking in Greenwood Co. roadway
- Longtime Upstate firefighter and Forestry Commission employee dies at 92
- Several fire crews battling large fire on Glassy Mountain, fire officials say
- Timing of second Covid shot doesn't need to be exact. Just get it, experts say.
- Fauci says vaccinations will help coronavirus variants from emerging