“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ will be a musical tour like no other.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Congressman Madison Cawthorn: I don’t feel I had any responsibility for them attacking the Capitol
- North Carolina COVID-19 vaccine process latest
- NC sets record for COVID-19 hospitalizations
- North Carolina COVID-19 vaccine changes
- 2020 ties for hottest year on record globally
- SC first responders push for COVID-19 compensation
- ‘Do you need help?’ Orlando restaurant manager uses secret sign to help rescue abused boy
- Spartanburg wants to see pandemic through the eyes of young people
- U.S. Marshals, SWAT arrest wanted man following standoff in Henderson Co.
- Resources for healthcare workers to register for vaccine by deadline today