“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ is a musical tour like no other
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Family and Anderson County Council remember the life of Council woman Gracie Floyd
- Car thief lectures mother of child found in stolen SUV
- Dr. C answers questions about the COVID-19 vaccince
- COVID-19 relief funds headed to group homes across SC
- U.S. nears 400K COVID-19 deaths
- Tax filing date pushed back
- SC state parks offer mountains to sea virtual field trips
- Prisma Health opens high-volume vaccination site in Greenville
- Update on South Carolina Vaccine distribution in S.C.
- South Carolina man who reportedly took selfie in U.S. Capitol charged