“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ will be a musical tour like no other.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- FBI vetting National Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack at inauguration
- Gov. McMaster visiting Spartanburg Medical Center Monday
- How President-elect Biden's Peloton bike could impact White House security
- Buffalo Bills fans make major contribution to Lamar Jackson's favorite charity
- Oscar Mayer hiring team to drive its Wienermobile across the US
- Videocast: Warming Up This Week
- FBI Investigating Home in Easley
- Predicting how successful Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence could be for the Jaguars
- 'Little old West Virginia' sets pace on vaccine rollout