“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ will be a musical tour like no other.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Spartanburg High School honored with “Survivor Tree” sapling from 1995 OKC bombing
- McMaster issues new executive order allowing remote state workers to return to office, removing mask requirement in state offices
- Are COVID-19 patient’s lungs worse than smokers?
- Dallas police officer arrested after ordering the death of two people
- Upstate deputy gets surprise after spending 2-months battling COVID-19
- St. Patrick's Day deserves some of these 15 adorable decorations
- The top-tested pillows for side sleepers, according to experts
- Cooling pillows exist so you can always sleep on the cool side
- Hospitals, pharmacies up for new rush for COVID-19 vaccinations as J&J doses arrive in SC
- Workers clinging to scaffolding rescued after building explosion