“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ will be a musical tour like no other.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Rare Snow Event Hits Eastern North Carolina Thursday
- Large snowflakes fall in the NC Piedmont Wednesday
- Doctors warn lung damage from COVID-19 may be permanent
- Prisma Health to hold live town hall Thursday to answer Covid-19 vaccine questions
- Don’t ignore safety guidelines after you’re vaccinated, doctors say
- FBI seeks information about woman who may have information about endangered child
- Gov McMaster says SC is making progress in vaccine rollout
- NC’s COVID-19 numbers are dropping but they’re still too high
- Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine could be approved soon
- Snow in the NC mountains, cold across Charlotte area