“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ will be a musical tour like no other.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Here are the working plans for Upstate school districts concerning teacher/staff vaccinations
- At least 15 dead after multi-vehicle crash in Southern California
- 10 symptoms of spring allergies you shouldn’t ignore
- A California doctor performed surgery during a Zoom court appearance
- Man known for 'violent firearm encounters' in the region arrested in Clemson, police say
- The best mattresses to sleep on if you suffer from back pain
- Greenville firefighters battle duplex fire on E Main St.
- College & high school baseball action scheduled at Fluor Field before the Drive season opener
- Greenville Drive to Host Additional College & High School Baseball Games
- Phase 1B of COVID vaccine distribution begins on March 8 in SC. Here's who can get vaccinated