“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ will be a musical tour like no other.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- The Week Ahead: Events, Live Music and Food Truck Calendar for Greenville & The Upstate
- Neighbors react to woman’s arrest by FBI for participation in capitol riots
- Greenville News Update for Monday
- Blue Monday is not real but winter’s impact on your mood can be
- Pelion native and lifelong Gamecock fan Justin Stepp excited to be at Carolina
- SC National Guard members in D.C. for inauguration security
- 76 new confirmed deaths, 4,584 new Covid-19 cases in South Carolina
- SC DHEC working to get vaccines to rural areas
- Zion Williamson erupts for 31 points [HIGHLIGHTS] | NBA on ESPN
- Urban Meyer will learn the difference between college and NFL soon – Rex Ryan | NFL Countdown