“Seven Centuries of Keyboard Instruments”, opening in October 2019, will take the visitor through a tour of the important keyboard developments, from the early fourteenth century with the ‘Eschequer d’ Anglis’ or English Chekker, to the harpsichord and clavichord, and forward to the eighteenth and nineteenth century piano, and then electric keyboard instruments of the twentieth and twenty first century. Visitors will be able to see and hear important examples of these keyboards which make use of the broad collection now at the Carolina Music Museum, and will likely be surprised and delighted to encounter not only the instruments known to Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin, but keyboards of a type used by ‘The Animals’, ‘Led Zeppelin’, and TV show themes such as Seinfeld and others!
‘Seven Centuries’ will be a musical tour like no other.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Pickens Co. man accused of having explosive device makes federal court appearance
- Police warn of potentially dangerous batch of suspected fentanyl circulating in WNC
- Oklahoma judge orders 'Tiger King' zoo to turn over big cats
- South Carolina Covid-19 Update for January 19th
- Risky driving and fatal crashes surged in 2020, even with fewer drivers on the road, a new report says
- Warrants: Greenville Co. convenience store owner arrested on 3 counts of tax evasion
- Police fear 'dangerous batch' of fentanyl circulating after 5 suspected overdose deaths in 2-day period
- Governor McMaster orders flags lowered to half-staff in tribute to fallen officer
- Henderson Co. Health Department opening 700 more vaccine appointments to callers on Wednesday morning
- DHEC: SC sees more than 2,500 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday, 11 more deaths