Whether discussing drugs, politics or life in general, Rory Scovel’s infectious stage presence and engaging charisma quickly shift the vibe of any room and place the audience in the scene of every punch line.
This Greenville native’s Netflix special, Rory Scovel Tries Stand-Up for the First Time, recently premiered to rave reviews. His stand-up has been featured on Comedy Central, Conan, and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and he has released two comedy albums – Dilation and Rory Scovel Live at Third Man Records.
Scovel appeared in New Line Cinema’s feature The House, alongside Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler, as well as The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter for director Jody Hill, alongside Danny McBride and Josh Brolin. His television credits include the TBS series Ground Floor as well as the NBC series Undateable, ABC’s Modern Family, FX’s The Comedians, and the original series Those Who Can’t for TruTV. Scovel starred alongside Demetri Martin in Martin’s directorial debut, Dean, which premiered at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival.
Contains mature content.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Video captures chaotic scene after officer runs over crowd in Tacoma, Wash.
- REPORT: Deshaun Watson Prefers Jets as No.1 Landing Spot
- Boston finishes strong, No. 4 So. Carolina tops LSU 69-65
- Veteran tight end Greg Olsen announces retirement
- Clemson downs No. 23 Syracuse in Overtime
- One arrested after shooting outside birthday party at Upstate teen center, deputies say
- Dwayne Johnson shows off his hair skills in an adorable post with his 2-year-old daughter
- Miami Heat to use COVID-19-sniffing dogs to screen fans at basketball games
- South Carolina Reports 3,450 new Covid-19 Cases Sunday
- If you call 911, it can take 2 to 3 minutes longer to get help now because of the pandemic