We’ve seen a lot of things here at Horizon Records over 45 years, but we’re still stunned when RECORD STORE DAY rolls around, the bins get filled up with special limited-edition releases, and our loyal friends and customers pack the store all day, picking out some sweet RSD stuff and, more often than not, some of our always-in-stock pre-loved stuff, too.
This grass-roots event that started way back in 2008 as a way to raise awareness of then-struggling indie brick-and-mortar record stores has exploded over the last 12 years, helping to bring vinyl back to the forefront of the music biz. Did you know that vinyl outsold CDs in 2019 for the first time since 1986? Yep. The Vinyl Renaissance is in full swing, and we’re thrilled to be right in the middle of it.
Here’s how it works, y’all. We’ll be opening at 8 a.m. on SATURDAY, JUNE 20th. We’ll have stacks and stacks of RSD goodies, laid out in The Bohemian Cafe next door for ease of perusal, and two registers hummin’ for your cash and card needs.
Last year’s Record Store Day was one of the most successful, crazy and joyful days in our four-decade-plus history. Let’s do it again, y’all.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Covid-19 Update for February 26th
- Pizza delivery driver’s family found safe after suspect takes off in vehicle
- Man Shot in Head, Runs to Police Station for Help
- Upstate Weather: A wet weekend, followed by a wet week.
- The Lastest on NC loosening COVID-19 restrictions
- Prisma Health cuts back on COVID-19 testing after seeing less demand
- Georgia expanding vaccine eligibility to teachers, others
- Deputies: SWAT team called in as standoff with barricaded suspect unfolds in Greenville Co.
- Throwback Trends That Made a Comeback During Quarantine
- Mother who lost three children and mom in fire during Texas power outages talks about tragic night