“Emergent Strategy” by Adrienne Marie Brown
Join the Speaking Down Barriers team and engage readings that will guide us towards a holistic understanding of the transformation that must take place within ourselves and the world around us. We are working towards the dismantling of the barriers that continue to perpetuate violence, hate, and division. These various insights will broaden our perspective and lead us towards meaningful confrontation. You are welcome to grow with us.
For your convenience, we will meet at the Hub City Bookshop on 4th Mondays at two separate times: 12:00 PM-1:00 PM and 7:00 PM-8:00 PM. The Hub City Bookshop is located at 186 W Main St, Spartanburg, SC 29306. Books can be purchased at discounted rates through Hub City Bookshop. Become a member of Hub City Bookshop and receive even more discounts!
Remaining Books for the Year:
“Giovanni’s Room” by James Baldwin
“Woman, Native, Other” by Trinh T. Minh-ha
“Ceremony” by Leslie Marmon Silko
“Love Beyond Body, Space, and Time: An Indigenous LGBT Sci-Fi
Anthology” by Hope Nicholson, David Alexander Robertson, Richard Van Camp, et. al
“Dear Universe: Letters of Affirmation & Empowerment for All of Us” by Yolo Akili
This program is funded in part by Chapman Cultural Center, its donors, the County and City of Spartanburg and the South Carolina Arts Commision which receives support from the National Endowment for the Arts and the John and Susan Bennett Memorial Arts Fund of the Coastal Community Foundation of SC.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Pelosi vows action on impeachment trial: 'We must do it'
- SC announces latest number of COVID-19 cases, deaths Thursday
- Fire chief: Man rescued after falling 20 feet down into Gaffney well
- David Halsey arrives for federal court hearing
- Chief: 3 officers involved in Forest City officer-involved shooting
- Child dies after dog attack in South Carolina
- Biden signs burst of virus orders, requires masks for travel
- Install a smart light switch and say: “Alexa, turn off the bedroom lights.”
- Buffalo supermarket pulling ‘Kansas City BBQ sauce’ off shelves ahead of AFC Championship
- Crews rescue man who fell through floor into well in Gaffney