“Ceremony” by Leslie Marmon Silko
Join the Speaking Down Barriers team and engage readings that will guide us towards a holistic understanding of the transformation that must take place within ourselves and the world around us. We are working towards the dismantling of the barriers that continue to perpetuate violence, hate, and division. These various insights will broaden our perspective and lead us towards meaningful confrontation. You are welcome to grow with us.
For your convenience, we will meet at the Hub City Bookshop on 4th Mondays at two separate times: 12:00 PM-1:00 PM and 7:00 PM-8:00 PM. The Hub City Bookshop is located at 186 W Main St, Spartanburg, SC 29306. Books can be purchased at discounted rates through Hub City Bookshop. Become a member of Hub City Bookshop and receive even more discounts!
Remaining Books for the Year:
“Love Beyond Body, Space, and Time: An Indigenous LGBT Sci-Fi
Anthology” by Hope Nicholson, David Alexander Robertson, Richard Van Camp, et. al
“Dear Universe: Letters of Affirmation & Empowerment for All of Us” by Yolo Akili
This program is funded in part by Chapman Cultural Center, its donors, the County and City of Spartanburg and the South Carolina Arts Commision which receives support from the National Endowment for the Arts and the John and Susan Bennett Memorial Arts Fund of the Coastal Community Foundation of SC.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Capitol Rioters Were Among Those Who Held Out Hope For A Trump Pardon And Didn’t Get It
- South Carolina Lawmakers requesting more Covid-19 vaccines
- Deputies: Fourth suspect arrested for sex crimes involving juvenile victim in Oconee Co.
- Indian village cheers for Harris during swearing-in as US VP
- Would A Deshaun Watson deal would be ‘the biggest trade in NFL history’
- Search and rescue for injured person underway in Walhalla, says fire chief
- 'Worst Cooks in America' winner and former teacher charged in 3-year-old girl's homicide along with husband
- Activities That Will Get Your Heart Rate Up
- North Carolina Records Biggest one-day drop in Covid-19 hospitalizations on record
- South Carolina mom who won Worst Cooks in America arrested for ‘homicide’ of three-year-old daugh