Rain barrels offer a number of environmental benefits, from conserving water to reducing pollution in stormwater runoff. Since rain barrels can often be cost prohibitive and intimidating to set up, we’re offering a $30 hands-on workshop with everything you’ll need to start recycling rain.
During the workshop, attendees will assemble their new barrels and learn about the benefits, applications, and maintenance of rain barrels.
This price includes a 55-gallon rain barrel, all required accessories, and light refreshments. We’ll have a handful of drills, but please feel free to bring your own.
Workshop space is limited. We encourage you to register as soon as possible to guarantee your spot. To purchase your ticket, visit: http://lakeconesteenaturepark.com/events/rain-barrel-workshop/
Not sure if your space is right for a rain barrel? This video offers a good introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8D6leyW47U.
This workshop is brought to you by:
Greenville County Soil & Water Conservation District
Lake Conestee Nature Park
Renewable Water Resources (ReWa)
USC Upstate Watershed Ecology Center
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Doctor under fire for attending virtual court from operating room
- Police: Man Punches Woman On Subway Platform
- Signs of hope: COVID-19 vaccinations hit record high
- Women leaders you should know and the causes they champion
- VMI Rallies To Eliminate Furman In Overtime, 91-90 At SOCON Tournament
- Senate approves $1,400 stimulus checks
- Two people dead in Friday night house fire in Kershaw County
- March 6 marks one year since coronavirus was detected in South Carolina
- Sumter County man still recovering from COVID-19 nine months later
- Coping with pandemic stress one year later