At the close of the Battle of Cowpens in 1781, two American officers—confident in victory—raced for the ultimate prize, a British three-pounder cannon, called the “Grasshopper”. Join the race and celebrate the 236th anniversary of this historic victory!
Start the year off with a bang at the 35th Annual Race for the Grasshopper 5k!
The 5k race is on a fast, certified course (USATF certified SC07031BS ) on the road around the battlefield.
Spartanburg Running Club members are eligible for a $10 discount off the race entry fee!
Log-in on the SRC homepage to find the discount code.
Not a member? Join the SRC today!
The 1 mile kids fun run is free and will be held at 8:30 am.
The 5K run/walk starts at 9:00 am.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- COVID-19 variant found by NC lab could mean trouble for health systems
- NC’s COVID-19 vaccine rates increase, but still plenty of room for improvement, federal data show
- Surf photographer severely injured after facing monster wave on Oahu’s North Shore
- 3 National Guard soldiers killed in helicopter crash in New York state
- WATCH: Star-studded 'Celebrating America' features president, vice president and celebrities
- QAnon Cult Theory Faces Inauguration Judgment Day
- Students watch history unfold on Inauguration Day
- Sheriff issues warning after uptick in catalytic converter thefts
- 2 charged with homicide by child abuse in Simpsonville, SLED says
- Event allows people to “crawl” through 16 of the Upstate's venues