Learn how to spin poi with instructors Michael Redd & Johnny Magma! Held twice monthly, this class is open to all spinners — beginner, intermediate or advanced. If you’re looking for a fun, dynamic activity that’s less intense than martial arts or competitive sports, poi is perfect!
With roots in a traditional dance of New Zealand’s indigenous Maori people, modern poi uses weights on the ends of tethers that are swung in measured patterns. Popularized largely through the art of fire spinning, performers today incorporate moves from diverse disciplines such as juggling, club swinging, dance, and rhythmic gymnastics.
Practice sock poi will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own.
– Doors open at 8:15pm
– Ages 13+
Ninjaplex events on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheNinjaplex/events
Ninjaplex events on Google Calendar: http://theninjaplex.com/google/
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Hospitals will receive less COVID-19 vaccine doses than requested, SCHA says
- DC police identify suspect in connection to officer pinned to door at Capitol during riot
- Willie Nelson, 87, receives COVID-19 vaccine
- President Trump to leave Washington on morning of inauguration
- IRS: Tax filing season will start February 12
- Lawsuit filed against ACSO over shooting involving teen girl
- Capturing the moment: Spartanburg County kids given disposable cameras
- Field Notes: Breonna Taylor's lasting impact on Louisville
- SBI called to investigate suspicious package in Buncombe county
- Clemson Athletics reports seven positive COVID cases in latest round of testing