POETRY vs. HIP-HOP CONCERT Greenville Premiere! @ Red@28th! Queen Sheba vs. sympL + Live Music from Brad Keaton! Get tix now!
Ticketing options include General Admission, Reserved Seating, or Plush VIP
Friday February 21st . DJ starts 7:30
POETRY VS. HIP-HOP Greenville!!!
@ Red28th, Pendleton Street, Greenville, SC
Headlining Live Music by Solo Act Brad Keaton!
Featured Poet: Moody Black
The Battle: Int’l Poet Queen Sheba vs. Award Winning Hip-Hop artist sympL!
co-Founder of PvHH Dj Knodat on the wheels!
Local ambassador Kimberly Simms, Wits End founder.
Dove Dupree, Bittersweet, I am Picturesque, Black Phoenix, and Jenice Pleasant.
Team Hip-Hop: Selah Blak Sol, Semi, Al Harris, Tam the Viibe, DJ Countryfied
$100 VIP Couch Seating for 4: 1 Love seat & two plush armchairs ($25 per person).
$15 General Admission in ADVANCE – First come, first serve seating & standing room only
$20 Reserved Seating in ADVANCE -Guaranteed chair
$20 GENERAL ADMISSION at the door – Standing room only!
***If tickets are sold out online, you can still purchase tickets at the door; the day of the show. Or buy tickets on a Sunday night at Coffee Underground during the regular weekly show***
– General Admission means first come – first sit in the (available) chairs! Standing room after the chairs are gone. No holding seats for friends that have not arrived yet! Tell everyone to get there by 8PM!!
+ Team Poetry vs. Team Hip-Hop in a FRIENDLY “battle” and more!
Social Media: (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
Hosted by Internationally Award Winning Poet & Comedian Queen Sheba @thequeensheba as seen on Verses & Flow, 106 & Park Apollo Theater and 11-Year-Host Famous 4th Sundays, in Atlanta, hosts this nationally touring show!
+ Soundtrack by: International spinmaster & co-founder of Poetry vs. Hip-Hop DJ Knodat @djknodata from Miami, living in Atlanta- toured in Germany, South Africa & across the U.S.
*Every single show has sold out! No B.S.
Produced by Poetry vs. Hip-Hop, LLC Productions and Below the Radar and in part by, these poetry events are made possible in part by the generous support of the South Carolina Arts Commission and the Metropolitan Arts Council with funds received from the City of Greenville, BMW Manufacturing Company, Michelin North America, Inc., SEW Eurodrive More information at www.witsendpoetry.com.
In each city we look for the 5 best poets to side with Queen Sheba on #TeamPoetry and we look for a roving, guest ‘Captain’ of the emcees + Hip-Hop artists to oppose the poets and see who’s got the best lyrics & stage show!
How it works: 5 GREENVILLE Poets will go head-to-head with 5 GREENVILLE Emcees in a FRIENDLY, all Peace and all Love “battle”. Queen Sheba will call up one poet and one emcee for each round, they are REQUIRED to hug (or dap or show each other love in some way) to emphasize the bridging of gaps and culture – then the Poet and the Emcee performs one at a time; with the order being alternated each round. Each artist is encouraged to perform their BEST work in a 4 minute time period – then at the end of each round the audience cheers wildly, throws money, stomps on the floor and goes bananas for their favorite performance. The team who wins the best out of 5 rounds wins!
What do you win?!: Bragging rights! Connections, new friends, networking. Healing people’s hearts. Saving someone from a messed up relationship. These are all the things you REALLY win! And then, you get to Snapchat all your friends and tell them you won your round and your team won the battle! Most shows, the winners of each round gets to choose between a mystery envelope with a small cash stipend (YAY! Chicken and Waffles for everyone!) -OR- some Poetry vs. Hip-Hop (PvHH) swag.
At the end of the show: Audience members are introduced to the best Poetry, Spoken Word & Hip-Hop Greenville has to offer and you will leave feeling empowered and light hearted, cheering, hugging and taking picture with everyone! The artists are reminded they are the pulse of their community and are continued to be inspired to produce great works to heal the world.
PvHH GREENVILLE Brought to you by: Poetry vs. Hip-Hop, LLC AND WITS END POETRY, non-profit.
Please do not bring young children to this event it changes the mood for everyone and we will not curb our language or behavior – lol
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
404-697-9734 TEXT ONLY!
What’s the refund policy?
*ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS!
You may transfer your tickets to another Wits End event by emailing email@example.com.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- RNC maintains right to use former President Trump's name in fundraising
- ‘It was like trench warfare;’ Upstate doctor reflects on year of treating COVID-19 patients
- Rare meteorite that fell on UK driveway may contain 'ingredients for life'
- Associate Of Roger Stone Arrested On Charges Related To The Capitol Riot
- Driver plows through deadly South LA crash scene, hitting several people and LAPD officer
- South Carolina Restaurants and Masks: Confusions and Frustrations
- Sculpture of enslaved Black explorer on the Lewis and Clark expedition mysteriously placed in Oregon park
- Carolinas gas prices most expensive since April 2019 as costs continue to rise, AAA Carolinas says
- “It was like trench warfare”: Upstate director of COVID-19 ICU reflects on year battling pandemic
- Upstate pediatrician discusses when COVID-19 vaccine may be available for children