Downtown Hendersonville launches LoveHendo – Shop Local Saturdays to provide open-air activity on Main Street the First Saturday of each month.
Main Street will be closed to vehicles all day on the First Saturday of each month from 2nd Avenue to 6th Avenue. The cross streets will remain open to traverse to the unique avenue businesses and the abundant downtown parking available just a short walk from Main Street. The spaces on Main immediately in front of the Historic Henderson County Courthouse are reserved for handicap parking.
Many downtown businesses have expanded outdoor activities planned for the First LoveHendo – Shop Local Saturday on August 1, including:
• The Hendersonville Family YMCA will host free yoga on the 400 block at 8:30 am
• Team ECCO Shark Lab will host afternoon activities from 11:30-2:30 on the 500 block, including photos with characters, invertebrate tanks, bubbles, etc.
• Renzo’s Speakeasy Al Fresco at 6pm on the 500 block
• Cool off with outdoor sprinklers and additional outdoor seating
• Mast General Store Sidewalk Sale
• Cheerful Word and Vintage Photo Scan will have a table on August 1st on 5th and Main featuring Cheerful Word author Jessica Heriot, writer of the Memoir “Feminist Therapist”
In the spirit of #SafeHendo, all businesses and customers are encouraged to follow the 3 W’s – Wear a face covering, Wash your hands and Wait 6 feet apart.
Want to know more about how our businesses are responding to the new normal and protecting you, visit Safe Hendo to learn more—-> www.,lovehendo.com/safehendo
#LoveHendo Shop Local Saturdays / #SafeHendo Sponsors:
The Van Winkle Law Firm
#LoveHendo The Film (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmYsDBa40FA&feature=youtu.be)
Bryan B Squared Byrd, Realtor – We Sell WNC Keller Williams Mountain Partners