Angel Light Ministries of Spartanburg will present a benefit concert, ONE FOR BUFFALO, on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at Wild Wing Café in downtown Spartanburg, beginning at 7 pm. Proceeds from the show and auction will go to Michael Buffalo Smith to help with major medical bills accumulated during three hospital stays since July.
Performers scheduled to appear include: Fayssoux McLean (Emmylou Harris); with Franklin Wilkie (Marshall Tucker Band/Garfeel Ruff); and Kym McKinnon (Electric City Blues Band) ; the Silver Travis Band; Justin McCorkle; Mark Burrell (Toy Caldwell Band); Ronnie Lowery; Teresa Degeer and Dickey Brown of Sweet T Trio; and other surprise guests.
Besides the music, there will be an auction, so be sure to bring cash. Up for auction, a brand new fiddle, signed by the legendary Charlie Daniels; a framed, autographed Slingblade movie poster, from Oscar and Golden Globe winner Billy Bob Thornton; An autographed drumstick from Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, the late Bob Burns of Lynyrd Skynyrd). And more. There will also be a raffle for CDs. DVDs, books and more!
Admission is by a minimum donation of $7 (Although we encourage generous donations!)
Buffalo will have his latest books and CDs available for purchase and signing! Makes great Holiday gifts!
Michael Buffalo Smith was born and raised in Spartanburg where he worked for various newspapers, magazines and radio stations. He was graduated from Spartanburg Methodist College and USC Spartanburg, and founded the national music magazines GRITZ and KUDZOO. He is a writer/author with seven books published, the latest of which is From Macon to Jacksonville: More Conversations in Southern Rock (Mercer University Press) which features a foreword by Charlie Starr of Blackberry Smoke. Smith is also a performer and recording artist. His 2018 album Makin’ it Back to Macon was produced by the legendary Paul Hornsby and features Capricorn Records legend Tommy Talton and an all-star cast.
Smith experienced a string of complications following a surgery in July that have sidelined him temporarily.
Angel Light Ministries is a Christian organization founded by Spartan Timothy Shook in order to help those in need.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Prisma health to keep COVID-19 testing sites open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Parts of the Upstate are seeing Snow Saturday
- South Carolina Reports 4,671 New Cases of Covid-19 Saturday
- Smokers in some states eligible for COVID-19 vaccine sooner, sparking frustration among others
- Woman Goes on Destructive Joyride in Stolen Postal Truck
- Flurries spotted in parts of Upstate, no accumulation expected
- Deputies respond to shots fires at Buffalo teen center
- Hot Pockets recalled over potential glass and plastic contamination
- Upcoming Major Arctic Invasion Coming to the Southeast & Upstate SC