01:00 pm - 04:00 pm
1175 Woods Crossing Rd, Ste 2
Greenville, SC, United States, 29607
Nicholas Sparks Returns to Greenville for an In-Person Socially Distanced Meet-and-Greet!
About this Event:
Nicholas Sparks is looking forward to seeing all of his fans in person, but due to COVID-19, we are having to take certain precautions in order to keep everyone safe. Please read all of the below information to see how this year’s event will be different.
Get your photo made with bestselling author Nicholas Sparks as well as a signed copy of his new book, The Return, at an in-person socially distanced meet-and-greet on Sunday, October 4th, starting at 1pm Eastern.
Each ticket includes one pre-signed book (regular hardcover for $31.68, large print hardcover for $33.80, or CD audiobook for $44.40), an opportunity to speak briefly with Mr. Sparks at a 6-foot distance, as well as a downloadable professional photograph.
Tickets MUST be purchased in advance — NO WALK-INS!
Tickets can be purchased through 10am on Sunday, 10/4/20. Refunds can be requested up until the ticket cutoff.
Please read all information below regarding event procedures before purchasing your ticket, as your purchase indicates your agreement to all terms.
In order to keep the author, our customers, and our staff safe, we are following all the city and state COVID guidelines re masks, hand sanitizer, social distancing, etc., but we cannot guarantee that you will not contract COVID-19 at this event. By purchasing a ticket, you agree that Fiction Addiction is not responsible for your health and that you are aware of the possible risk of contracting COVID-19 at the event. For those who do not want to take the risk or who are unable to meet our event requirements outlined below, please order your signed book HERE to be shipped or picked up after the event.
If you have any COVID symptoms, are exposed to a positive case, or are otherwise not feeling well prior to the event, PLEASE stay home. You are guaranteed to still get your signed book(s)! We will hold your book(s) for pick up once you are no longer contagious, or you can call in shipping info to us.
Mr. Sparks is looking forward to seeing all of his fans in person, but due to our COVID-19 safety precautions, the event will run very differently this year. If you’ve attended before here are the major changes:
– Mr. Sparks will NOT be signing books in front of customers. You’ll pick up your pre-signed book(s) at Check-In and then enter the Meet-and-Greet line to get a photograph with Mr. Sparks from our professional photographer.
– You will pick a Group number with an approximate Check-In time when you purchase your tickets.
– Everyone who attends the event MUST have at least one ticket (each ticket includes one book). If you would like additional books, simply purchase additional tickets.
– We will add you to a text list and that’s how you’ll know what group number we are checking in so you MUST provide a cell phone number that can receive texts. You accept responsibility for any text fees.
– Check-In will be outside (line will start near Kid to Kid/Fried Green Tomatoes). Look for the signs.
– You MUST stay in your car until we text that your group can check in.
– NO WALK-INS. You MUST purchase your ticket(s) prior to our cut-off time of 10am the morning of the event so that we can import you onto our text list.
– We will NOT be selling extra books at the event. If you know you want more books before ticket sales cut off, you must purchase additional tickets to guarantee signed books.
– You MUST wear a mask the entire time, even when standing outside in line.
– You will NOT be allowed to pick up your books in advance to read them.
**More Details About How the Event Will Work**
– NO WALK-INS OR ADD-ON SALES AT THE EVENT. Since Mr. Sparks will be signing books before the Meet-and-Greet, all tickets for signed books MUST be purchased in advance. Ticket cutoff is Sunday, October 4th, at 10am.
– NO OUTSIDE BOOKS ALLOWED. Mr. Sparks will be pre-signing ONLY copies of The Return (no backlist, no posters, no body parts, etc.) that are purchased from Fiction Addiction. He will NOT personalize.
– You MUST wear a mask or face covering that covers your nose and mouth. NO EXCEPTIONS for anyone over the age of 2. If your health prevents this, then we are happy to still get a book pre-signed for you. Simply order on our website instead of at Eventbrite (please note that website orders will not be available to pick up or ship until after the event).
– We are ticketing books. You will receive a ticket for each signed copy of The Return you purchase. You may get as many signed copies as you buy tickets for so stock up for holiday gifts!
– You will NOT be allowed to pick up your book prior to the event to read it. All books will be pre-signed by Mr. Sparks before the event and MUST be picked up from us at Check-In when your group number is announced.
– Each book ticket allows 1 person to attend the photo op meet-and-greet and have one professional photograph with Mr. Sparks. You will be given information to download your FREE signing photo within a week of the event. We will NOT slow down the signing for any personal photographs.
– When you purchase tickets, you MUST provide us with a cell phone number that can receive texts (any text charges are your responsibility). You will be REQUIRED to wait in your car or shop at other stores in our center until we text that your group has been called. At that time, you can approach the Check-In Station. NO LOITERING on the sidewalk/parking lot.
– When you register, you will pick tickets assigned to a specific group. The check-in times given are approximate times. Please plan to arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your check-in time. If you miss your Group (either because we got to it before the scheduled time or we were on time and you arrived late), simply go to Check-In when the next group is announced. If you have tickets in multiple groups, you can check in when your lowest group number is called.
– The lines to check in and then get into the store will be running outside on the sidewalk. Dress for the weather and bring an umbrella if need be.
– Our parking lot is large but not large enough for everyone to arrive at once. If you can’t find a parking spot, overflow parking is at the Mall. Please BE CAREFUL crossing the access road.
– Due to COVID and social distancing, we cannot provide a gathering/waiting area for those who need extra assistance. If you will not be able to walk across from the overflow lot and/or stand in line for up to 45 minutes then we suggest you order signed books on our website to be picked up/shipped after the event
– There will be a designated Check-In area outside. The entrance to Check-In will be near the ramp at the Kid to Kid store. Look for the signs.
– You MUST have a ticket in order to be assigned a group number and receive text messages. Please do NOT approach Check-In without a ticket. NO WALK-INS.
– Do not approach Check-In until you get a text that your group number has been called. (If you have tickets in multiple groups you can check in when your lowest number is announced.)
– To pick up your signed books and get into the Meet-and-Greet line, you need your tickets (one for each book) or a driver’s license that matches the name of the ticket purchaser.
– You can print physical tickets or show us the ticket bar code on your phone.
– If you know before ticket sales end that you need another book, simply buy another ticket. It won’t matter that it is in another group, as you can check in when your lowest group number is announced.
– We will NOT be selling extra books at the event this year. In order to get additional signed books, you must purchase additional tickets or order on our website prior to 10am on Sunday, October 4th. (Website orders placed after the 10am cutoff are not guaranteed and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis as supplies last.) Website orders cannot be picked up at the event but must wait until the following day.
– Due to COVID, there is a significant chance that the event might have to be converted to a virtual event.
– If this happens, we can still get you a signed book but there may be a delay depending on how close to the actual event we had to make the switch.
– We will text/email everyone with updates.
– You will be able to cancel your tickets through Eventbrite if you are not interested in a virtual event with a signed book, so save your confirmation email to make that easier on you.
– If you know you can’t attend prior to ticket cutoff, you can simply request a refund through Eventbrite.
– If you have any COVID symptoms, have been exposed to a positive case, or are otherwise not feeling well prior to the event, PLEASE stay home. All books will be pre-signed before the event starts, so you are guaranteed to still get your signed book(s). We will hold your book(s) for pick up once you are no longer contagious, or you can call in shipping info to us.
Upstate News Headlines
- Navy: 2 onboard training plane killed in Alabama crash
- Call for local businesses to support fallen Greenville County Deputy
- Antonio Brown joining Buccaneers on a one-year deal, per report
- Dr. Fauci responds to President Trump’s latest attack
- Murder suspect dies following standoff with law enforcement, officials say
- Zoo's rehabbed manatee returns to native Florida waters
- FIRST EVER MURDER HORNET DISCOVERED IN NEST IN WASHINGTON STATE | ATTACKS HONEYBEES
- Mohegan Sun to host College Basketball Bubble
- NASA collects sample from asteroid Bennu, but some of it is leaking into space
- Upstate ghost story: Elizabeth of Trinity Episcopal Church
You Might Also Like
- October 23, 2020
- October 23, 2020
- October 23, 2020