The City of Newberry’s first-ever drive-in moonlight movie night experience in downtown Newberry!
HOW DOES IT WORK? Attend our FREE movie events from the comfort of your vehicle! Tune your radio dial for sound and safely view the movie from your car! Please see our rules and guidelines below for details.
WHERE: Friend Building Municipal Lot at 901 Friend Street
WHEN: All movies begin at 8:30pm/sunset
JUNE 19- THE LEGO MOVIE 2
JULY 10- SHAZAM
AUGUST 14- Coming Soon!
MOONLIGHT MOVIE NIGHT DRIVE IN RULES
ONLY 50 VEHICLES ALLOWED. VERY LIMITED WALK-UP SPACES
Should you or anyone in your party not follow distancing guidelines you will be asked to leave.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR THE MOVIE:
• PARKING FROM 7:30PM – 8:30PM
o All movies will begin at Sunset. For the purpose of safely getting your vehicle into the lot we will only accept vehicle entry from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm. No entry will be permitted after the movie has begun. If you choose to leave before the movie has ended you MAY NOT re-enter with your vehicle.
• NO PETS ALLOWED:
o We love pets, however they are NOT permitted at our Moonlight Movie Nights events. This is for the safety of your pet, our patrons, and to mitigate waste cleanup.
• NO GRILLS, LASER POINTERS, ALCOHOL, ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES, OR GLASS CONTAINERS.
• PLEASE USE THE RESTROOM AT HOME PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL. More restroom information under the guidelines section of this document.
ENTERING, EXITING, & PARKING IN THE LOT:
• LOT ENTRY IS AT THE CORNER OF FRIEND AND NANCE STREET ONLY.
• Be courteous to those waiting in line and go to the end of the line. As they say in elementary school, “No Cutting Line!”
• SPEED LIMIT IS 5 MPH
• ONE SPACE PER VEHICLE
o The parking attendant will direct you to your space.
• High clearance vehicles on the last rows ONLY. Vehicles over 6 feet tall can NOT park in the paved lot. Parking attendants have the final say on where vehicles should park.
• Use parking lights only when driving in to the “theater.”
• When exiting, please be mindful of others as they pack up and leave the space. Please be patient and exit in an orderly fashion.
• PLEASE TAKE ALL TRASH WITH YOU- a trash cart will be placed at the vehicle exit for your convenience.
• EXITING- those parked in the PAVED lot will be asked to leave from the Main Street Lot Exit. Those parked in the GRASS lot will be asked to leave from the Friend Street Lot Exit.
AT YOUR SPACE:
• Hatches must be no higher than the top of the vehicle.
o Please plan ahead to tie down your hatch should you use the trunk of your vehicle for seating. Parking attendants will be monitoring for hatches that obscure the view of the movie screen.
• YOU MAY NOT SIT ON TOP OF YOUR VEHICLE
o Nothing (including radios, cups, heads, etc.) should be higher than the roof of your vehicle.
• Turn off all vehicle lights when parked, including interior lights.
o Check your owner’s manual regarding daytime running lights. It is your responsibility to make sure no light is emitted from your vehicle.
• There is no prohibition on running your engine during the movie unless it is extremely loud or has bad exhaust fumes. Please be considerate of your neighbors.
o Consider putting your vehicle in Accessory Mode to tune in to the FM station for sound. CHECK YOUR OWNERS MANUAL ABOUT BATTER USE.
• To practice distancing guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19 we ask that you remain in or very close to your vehicle
o Should you step out of your vehicle or place lawn chairs to view the movie please do so immediately in front of your vehicle, or on the empty space next to your vehicle. Locations are marked on the ground for your convenience.
o Please be aware of neighboring vehicles and be courteous to those around you. This is a new world we’re all living in and we must work together to protect each other.
• There are limited “walk-in” spaces in grass portion of the lot. These spaces will be directly in front of the movie screen as an alternative to those without a vehicle. Please follow these guidelines when using walk-in spaces:
o 10×10 spaces will be painted on the ground for your convenience. Please remain in these boundaries during the movie.
o To practice distancing guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19 we ask that you please place lawn chairs/blankets to view the movie in the painted boundaries of your space ONLY.
o You may want to bring a battery powered FM radio to assist you with hearing the movie from this location. Listening devices will not be provided.
o Please be aware of your neighbors and be courteous to those around you. This is a new world we’re all living in and we must work together to protect each other.
• Management reserves the right to have you move your vehicle to another location on the field. Should you or anyone in your party not follow distancing guidelines you will be asked to leave.
• This is an outdoor event – please plan accordingly.
• NO SMOKING.
• Masks are not mandatory, but highly encouraged should you step outside of the boundaries of your parking location.
• Wear shoes at all times.
• Supervise your children at all times.
• Please be courteous to others. Foul language will not be tolerated.
• PLEASE USE THE RESTROOM AT YOUR HOME PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL.
o One portable toilet will be available from 7:30pm to the end of the movie. This toilet should be considered for “emergency” use only.
o You will be expected to wash your hands at the handwash station prior to entering and upon exiting the restroom. ONLY ONE PERSON or ONE GUARDIAN WITH ONE CHILD PER TRIP.
o Avoid the line and use the restroom at home prior to your arrival!
o The restroom will close following the final scene of the movie and start of the film credits. If you need to use the restroom after the movie you must do so at home.
MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ENFORCE AND/OR CHANGE RULES AS NECESSARY. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE RULES MAY RESULT IN EJECTION.
Upstate News Headlines
- City of Greenville encouraging people to shop local on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday
- Upstate small businesses gearing up for unprecedented Black Friday
- The Funniest Thanksgiving Tweets of 2020
- Dispatch: Crews tackle fire at residence in Spartanburg
- These Are Hands Down The Greatest Sandwiches Of All Time
- Greenville PD offers advice on protecting packages from porch pirates in 2020
- Southeast Weather: Wild Start to December?
- Thanksgiving food distribution happening today in Greenville County
- Turkey Day 5-Can Run marks 29th year
- News Update from FOX Carolina
You Might Also Like
- November 27, 2020
- November 27, 2020
- November 26, 2020